Thursday, October 29, 2009

Picture post!

Théâtres Romains, or the Roman Theatre. It's still used for rock concerts in summer.

For any "Top Gear" fans out there. (I'm looking at you, Alice :D)


Hannah, Jack and I made the mistake of thinking the name of this place was funny enough to warrant eating there. The food was awful, like KFC in terms of grease but with basically no taste. (So, it could be argued, a successful melding of "UK" and "KFC.")

Exotic Poker Drink. Mediocre, but good compared with the food.

Me and Ana. :)

Cool building near my apartment.

No one believes me about these ads, so I started taking pictures of them. They're "translated" into French in small print, but it doesn't say the same thing at all. The picture is kind of small, so here's what it says:
"'I keep thinking of how we first met and of that way you looked at me - it lasted only an instant, but meant so much and now you've joined Baron Vassilo's office supplies company.' From 'The Most Private History of Baron Vassilo."


But this is the one that's really amazing.
"We're very happy and we're such a good match. We like spending time together. There's nothing romantic in it, but we agree on one thing: All those bastard Martians can fuck off back to Mars."

Say what??
Drinking sangria with Steve and Ana (and Hannah and Michael, not pictured) under a bridge in the rain.

The really funny part about this picture - which I took out my front door - is that I live on the 14th floor.

Here are some boring pictures of my apartment for those who have requested them:
My room. It looks like I didn't put my clothes away; in reality that's where they belong, since I don't have a dresser or drawers.

Other view of my room

Living room/roommate's room, depending on time of day. The bed is what's known in France as a "click-clack," or in other words a sofa bed. The little teeny room at the end is our kitchen.

Pretty much our whole kitchen. Again, it's not that things aren't put away, it's that there is no "away." That cabinet you see next to the microwave is 100% of our storage space for the moment.
Living room from the kitchen

And finally, our gorgeous view. Eastward, too, which makes waking up pretty easy. Pretty sweet.

3 comments:

  1. why did you have to remind me of our delicious chicken dinner? it was so goddamn awful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! :D Beautiful. Oh and STEVE'S IN LYON?!? HI STEVE. XD

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosalieeeee thanks for the updates, it is great to hear everything going well for you!! Miss you lots and already scheming how to rack up money and vacation time for a Lyon visit in the spring... :) :)

    ReplyDelete